Sunday, November 18, 2007

You Should Be Grateful...

...and I am. I'm thankful this week for my lovely children. My cesarean that has given me the ability to help other women has changed my life and in some ways, I'm almost grateful for that, but in so many others...I wonder....
Should we be grateful that insurance companies can deny us coverage due to prior surgery?
Should we be grateful that our state government can override our rights and force us to have a cesarean for the "good" of our infant?
Should we be grateful that the way we garner strength is in having to fight during one of the most precious times of our lives?
How many times must we be "grateful" before the 1.7 million women being cut yearly are seen as an epidemic and not a safe solution to the "problem" of childbirth?

Thoughts to ponder: www.birthtruth.org/grateful.htm

May this week bring you many thing you give thanks for, in strength and happiness, in trial and pain. May your families be a comfort to you...

2 comments:

labortrials said...

I'm thankful to know that no one can force me to have an unnecessary surgery.
I'm thankful to believe that my body does work.
I'm thankful to have found support from women like you!

Mitchell Clan said...

Thank you and I feel the same about you!